Sign in to follow this  
Seppo

backend access and permissions

Hi,

Since user cannot edit/create new categories or property types and such from frontend, I need to give some users backend access. To reduce their access to only JomEstate component, I created new user group and access level.

This group can access the JomEstate now at backend and create new porperties there, but not to create or edit the categories, or property types. Custom Fields, they can add new but not edit.

In the options->permissions fo JomEstate I gave the allowed for every selectables for that group, but that didn't help. Into what group user needs to belong to be able to add/edit also those parts? Or how could it be accomblished?

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi,

I did that and got New, Edit and such buttons to appear at every part, but that did not yet solve the problem.

Now I can edit all the other parts with user in new group, except Property Types, Price Types, Categories.

In those parts I get the new and edit buttons, but they just give error if used - and the existing items appear as list, with no links from their names as normally.

I have put allow (not inherhited, this was problem before with Comdev-component's permissions in case someone is in same situation) to both JomEstate and ComDev -components to each permission line for this new user group.

Do they have some other permission check than other parts since those 3 are only ones not allowing modifying?

Update:

I got permission now to add or change also those areas. What I had to do was to give this group add/edit permissions in the global level (in Global congiguration->permissions).

It is still missing the WYSIWYG editor though, but at least one can now add or edit those areas too.